Microsoft ads

Reaction score
What is with all the ads from Microsoft? They pop up about every 5 minutes on my laptop. Has Microsoft been sold to an ad agency? They only happen on the laptop which is on Win11, not on the desktop with Win10.

Reaction score
They’re notifications & Microsoft thinks it’s ok to show ads for their services & hardware there.
If you right click on the ad can you choose to turn off the notification for the ad?
Also under Settings>System>Notifications & Actions>turn off the Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.

Reaction score
The ad will disappear on it's own after a couple of minutes. The laptop is offline, but a Burger King ad just came up. Right click doesn't seem to do anything, although there is an x on the ad. Just got another ad, this one for Medicare.

Reaction score
I would try disabling the get tips & tricks setting to see if this stops them.

Reaction score
There is a setting for Microsoft Edge notifications. I have turned it off. Let's see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Reaction score
They are not ads from Microsoft ads they are from venders and retailers and websites that have push notifications you can turn off specific websites from sending notifications in the Microsoft edge settings but turning off all notifications will work to.

Reaction score
Question for all. Is this Win11 standard operating procedure? To the OP, did the laptop come with 11 pre- installed? Does 11 let you opt out of all this crap up front like 10?

Reaction score
It seems to be on Windows 10 & 11 & unless a user disables the option to show suggestions then the ads are regular.

Ask a Question