Microsoft Answer Desk Retired

Reaction score
I have a subscription to the Microsoft Answer Desk and received an email request to renew it. When trying to get information about this it seems that Microsoft has changed to a support model where you must pay for each support interaction that you use.

Does anyone have insight into what Microsoft is doing for user support?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Holding back any snark, I will simply say.... No.
It seems that they've virtualized it from end to end, you contact them
They engage you with some texting, then perhaps a chat session, link you to some automated troubleshooters and then perhaps, sometime down the road a remote session.

Have you found the subscription to be helpful and beneficial in the past?

Remembering all the way back to my TechNet subscription days, it seems I got some x number of incidents free after which I was expected to pay per-incident.
AND their may have been a caveat or two regarding the free ones.
The levels of support are tiered and as a trouble ticket was escalated to the next tier there was, as I recall, always a discussion as to my particular level of entitlement regarding fee or no fee.

To be honest, over the years, I've probably received more practical, applicable and otherwise generally helpful support from public forums like this one and others.

Your mileage may vary.

Reaction score
I did get some good help with issues, I learned NOT to let them access my computer and make chages. That never worked well. Now the few minnor things I've tried to get help with are for nought!

Ask a Question