SOLVED Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 install on a new Windows 10 Computer

Reaction score
CANCEL THIS POST. I FOUND A HIDDEN SCREEN BELOW ANOTHER SCREEN ON THE DISPLAY, WHICH ALLOWED ME TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am having a problem installing the subject software on a new Windows 10 laptop. I had previously used this software on computers running Windows XP. My recollection is that the subject software could be installed on 3 computers and it had been installed twice previously - once on a desktop computer and once on a laptop. When loading the software into the drive, the system appears to be trying to install another installer per the message "A separate installer has launched. You may need to perform necessary actions to complete the installation." Unfortunately, the installer just keeps running endlessly; and after 20 minutes of watching an icon rotate on the screen, I finally hit "Stop". Can anyone tell me if the installer is running on endlessly because there is a software compatibility problem with Windows 10 or if it is more likely that all available installs have been used and my memory of using them all has failed. One would think I would get some kind of message other than a rotating icon indicating something is trying to happen. If something was going to happen, I would think it would have happened much more quickly.

CANCEL THIS REQUEST. I FOUND A HIDDEN SCREEN BELOW ANOTHER SCREEN AND WAS ABLE TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

Ask a Question