Microsoft store, not connected to Internet

Reaction score
Trying to download an app in the store but keep getting a splash screen saying I don't have an Internet connection, 0x800704cf error.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try running the Windows App Store troubleshooter please? That will run a few tests, which may be able to fix it before we try other options :).

If you click Start > Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot and then select Windows Store Apps from the very bottom of the list and run the troubleshooter. It'll perform some diagnostics and can usually fix things :).

If that doesn't work, please let me know and we can try the next step.

Reaction score
That seemed to have worked. The MS store is working properly.

Can't thank you enough for your help. All the best.

Reaction score
Hello,

The infamous 0.800704cf error has returned when I access Windows Store. I've went back and performed the same suggestions I received earlier but they do not work. I've check to see if my network connections are working and they are. When I did the troubleshooter routine I reviewed the details of the report and it said all the normal causes weren't found but that it appeared there was a problem with the BITS service already started. Anxious.

Ask a Question