Microsoft Store not responding to purchase

Reaction score
When windows 10 tries to connect to my Microsoft account in order to purchase something from the store, it asks for my password, which it accepts, then comes back with a "SVC-Service-QueryOrder" message, followed by a long string of letters and numbers and a UTC time for England. I tried going to Microsoft help and got shuttled from pillar to post. There 'experts' even took control of the PC, to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?

JR

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi John,

Welcome to our forum.

I've not personally run into this issue.

I've done some research into this though as the issue is somewhat intriguing to say the least.

I came across an article where a user described almost to the letter your exact scenario. They reported a work-around which worked for them, and might be worth trying yourself until Microsoft offer a permanent solution to this issue.

What they did was to go to Start > Settings > Accounts > then in left pane clicked Family & other users

Next they clicked Add another user and set up an account with was added to the Administrator Group.

Next they right-clicked Start | selected Run | typed inetcpl.cpl | clicked OK

Next they clicked the Advanced tab and scrolled down to Security where beneath this they checked a box next to Do not save encrypted pages to disk

Now they via browser went to the Store and manually signed in with the account they normally use when clicking the Microsoft Store App (i.e. the account you are signing in with now that is not working for purchasing apps).

This for them worked and they were able to purchase then download the app which in their case was a game.

Worth trying.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Adding a second account didn't work for me. The box next to Do not save encrypted pages to disk was already checked. Now it doesn't even ask for my password, but just comes back with the SVC----- error message. I'll delete the second account and see if that helps any.

Reaction score
Is the region in your Windows settings the same as where you actually live?

Ask a Question