SOLVED Microsoft store

Reaction score
Hi i have just noticed my Microsoft store app is not working
It flashes up the goes
Also my one drive icon stays greyed out and says not signed in but eventually works. :(
upload_2016-1-9_17-51-13.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try resetting the store cache and see if that helps. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't
Right click the Start Button, choose Run, in the run dialog box type
wsreset.exe
hit enter or click OK
Give it a while
reboot and try the store again. see if it made any difference.

Reaction score
Try resetting the store cache and see if that helps. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't
Right click the Start Button, choose Run, in the run dialog box type
wsreset.exe
hit enter or click OK
Give it a while
reboot and try the store again. see if it made any difference.
Thanks i tried that but got this message.
upload_2016-1-9_19-19-7.png

Reaction score
This may be of use to anyone that has or gets the same problem.
It worked for me and everything is working as it should.
I will now mark this thread as solved. :):)

1. Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Copy the following PowerShell command and paste it into the CMD window: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Hit Enter to initiate the script.

4. After the script finishes, immediately reboot the computer.
Once you reboot, you can jump back into the Windows Store and the pending app updates should start to download.

Reaction score
Hi Defender. Did you at any time enable the developer mode in "update and Security?

It looks like that patch disabled it.

Reaction score
Hi Defender. Did you at any time enable the developer mode in "update and Security?

It looks like that patch disabled it.
Hi
No i certainly didn't enable the developer mode in "update and Security
Which makes me wonder why it would have been enabled if as you say that script disabled it. o_O

Reaction score
STORE APP STILL NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10?

I accidentally came across a solution. I hope that it continues to work! Unfortunately I cannot credit it to the person who made this "solution" as I never noted where I found it. I was so surprised at the method suggested that I thought that it wouldn't work; couldn't work. I gave it a try, and it worked. and is still working. Here it is:

Turn off antivirus program and then restart the computer

But it did!!! I have put a few apps on at the moment, but with bated breath I will see how it goes. And try it again tomorrow. I hope you try it, and that it works for you also!

Ask a Question