Migrate fileserver to S3

Reaction score
Can you recommend a specific free migration tool for migrating the file server (windows server 2019) to AWS S3 Storage?
Sure Azcopy was on our list, but we can't control the transfer speed while migration, we can not copy any of the long path files, and we can't preserve the time stamps using it.
And sure we heard about familiar migration tools /cloud services like Syncback, Cloudfuze, Gs Richcopy 360 ......etc.
Most of these need a good budget and we are not ready for this.
So please if anyone has an experience with such a migration using a free method. I will appreciate your help

Reaction score
And sure we heard about familiar migration tools /cloud services like Syncback, Cloudfuze, Gs Richcopy 360 ......etc.
Most of these need a good budget and we are not ready for this.
Sure these tools are excellent but there is a free tool that you can use to migrate files from a Windows Server 2019 file server to AWS S3 storage is the AWS CLI (Command Line Interface). The AWS CLI is a powerful tool that allows you to interact with AWS services using the command line.
To migrate files using the AWS CLI, you can use the "aws s3 sync" command. This command allows you to synchronize a local directory with an S3 bucket, copying any new or modified files from the local directory to the S3 bucket.

Here's an example command that you can use to migrate files from a local directory to an S3 bucket:
Code:
aws s3 sync C:\local\directory s3://my-bucket

This command will copy all files and subdirectories in the "C:\local\directory" directory to the "my-bucket" S3 bucket.

You can also use the "--exclude" and "--include" options to exclude or include specific files or file types in the migration.

Note that the AWS CLI does not preserve the file timestamps by default, but you can use the "--no-follow-symlinks" option to preserve the timestamps of files that are not symbolic links.

Reaction score
Sure Gs Richcopy 360 and Syncback are excellent but what about Rclone? it is free and not GUI but it will dose the job with the right syntax.
I can help you with Rclone if you have any question

Ask a Question