Mircosoft Phone Call Scam Rise Again

Reaction score
Very worried about this. Been posting for a few months now. First Started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Suddenly Windows Store and Mail would not work. I came online to these sites and found that several of us had same problems. So I attempted to contact Ms Customer Support about it.

That’s when the problems really started. Got Mail & Calendar Up. But found purchase (only small ones) were being deducted from my CC card. So I went to Bank. They said it was Microsoft. Now did sign up for Ms Office 365 at usual rate. That’s when I suddenly started to get more than one payment deducted per month. (In fact every time I put monies into account – deductions were made.

I complained to Ms see Below.

Dear Maksim,

I am contacting you as I have tried to contact the support forum but I seem to have problems getting through.

This morning I went to update my windows 10 computer. I noticed that WINDOWS STORE WAS IMMEDIATELY TAKEN OFF my TASKBAR and START-UP MENU.

I immediately attempted to go via the MS Treasure Hunt route. But it stated it needed my miscrosoft account and password details. I put them in. It said it was incorrect. After the third attempt I realised that it was probably undergoing a keystroke logger (wireless), and that I may be giving my personal details away.

I also found that I keep being invoiced by an email claiming to be from MiSCROSOFT BILLING.
Which is dubious as the account details holds my Debit Card numbers.

Yet when I try to pay for goods it says that it is not recognised. Which is not the case. As it is recognised everywhere else.

My concern is two-fold.
1) my account has been compromised and that the hacker is determined to make me wipe my computer and totally reboot losing all my data.

2) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY my account details have been compromised and the hacker is attempting to commit fraud by PRETENDING THEY ARE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNTS.

3) Windows STORE IS NOW NOT ON MY SYSTEM AND I CANNOT SEEM TO GET IT BACK. And as you are aware it is linked to my main system.

Hope you can pass this on to whoever deals with it. As I am just a homeowner but if the hacker has done this to me. Your Business Clients will be affected too. And this is your Newly launched WINDOWS 10 after all.

In order to get this through I am sending it via my husbands computer who has windows 8.
As I cannot get through via Windows 10 to support. Is there a reason for this?"

This did two things. I started to get telephone calls – International ones, which I did not answer and every time it went to voicemail they would put the phone down. Then I went to use my other computer and got the following email. On one occasion the person did leave a message saying they were from Microsoft.

Now I am worried as I don’t know whether I am typing on a legitimate site or a scam one.

And Yes I got the envitable Telephone call saying they were from Microsoft. They have even duplicated the Chat Section.

upload_2016-2-17_12-8-28.png

It said;

“My name is Jonas, the technician that you have spoken with regarding your concern with <customer’s issue>.

On behalf of Microsoft Answer Desk, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience knowing the fact that you've contacted us regarding the same issue because the chat got disconnected from me and other previous support person.

You can reconnect with me with this link: <https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-gb/contact/chat/4/?visitId=b9e81137-1e55-477a-bd17-d3f05c8db70b&rejoin=true&forceorigin=osg> .But if the rejoin fails, you can chat us back again in Microsoft Answer Desk and we are more than willing to help you out.

By the way, for future references, your case number is 1327206162

Thank you for trusting Microsoft. I am looking forward to serve you again.

Have a wonderful day!

Now I am worried as I don’t know whether I am typing on a legitimate site or a scam one.

And Yes I got the envitable Telephone call saying they were from Microsoft. They have even duplicated the Chat Section.

SO I AM POSTING THIS TO EVERYONE ON THE NET

FOR GODSAKE DO NOT PURCHASE WINDOWS 10 they can access all your sensitive information such as your Bank Details you use to purchase things in Windows Store. Please be careful.

I hope that Microsoft Team Reads this as I tried to access the “CYBER CRIME,” they advertise on TV and all I got was a survey site and not a very web friendly one at that.

I am wondering is this a way to force us all to go Surface Pro?

I did got on Forums today and this was posted on another discussion supposedly from Microsoft Answer Desk

Fake Tech Support Phone Calls

Unrequested phone calls of this nature are almost always a common scam. Do not give them any info, do not give them access to your PC, do not give them any money and do not go to any websites they suggest. Hang up.

Please see:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/online-privacy/msname.aspx .

Microsoft never makes unasked for support or security phone calls.

(these people may use names other than Microsoft as well)

But when I tried the site it was not available.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/protect_other-protect_scanning/is-that-call-from-microsoft-a-scam/6718e389-8a00-4e4b-aca1-d07298ea4c19

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm afraid that I don't understand the problem or why you are calling the thread "Microsoft Phone Call Scam?
It appears that you initiated contact with Microsoft on your own, the links you have posted look to me like they all resolve legitimately to the Microsoft.com parent domain.
I certainly understand the errant charges on your credit card and appreciate your concern regarding those, but I would think that those could be resolved with a simple phone call or visit to your bank and having the card cancelled and re-issued, which I would definitely do immediately.

I have been using Microsoft products for a long time now and I can tell you, for a fact, that never.... not once, in all those years have they ever called me, mailed me, emailed me or contacted me in any other fashion that I did not first solicit or otherwise subscribe to.

There is definitely a rise in phone scammers.... no doubt about that, and....
With Windows 10 being a bit of a problem for a lot of people, it certainly provides a fertile opportunity for unsuspecting users to be victimized.
BUT
I suspect that Microsoft has more important things to do than to seek out John Smith in Burnt Cupcake, Idaho. Just to make his life more miserable than they already have with this Windows 10 _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank).

Reaction score
I used to get these quite often. I knew that they were scamming so I kept the guy on the line for about 20 or 30 minutes at a time, then asked if I could place him on hold. I did and never picked it up.

Reaction score
I'm afraid that I don't understand the problem or why you are calling the thread "Microsoft Phone Call Scam?
It appears that you initiated contact with Microsoft on your own, the links you have posted look to me like they all resolve legitimately to the Microsoft.com parent domain.
I certainly understand the errant charges on your credit card and appreciate your concern regarding those, but I would think that those could be resolved with a simple phone call or visit to your bank and having the card cancelled and re-issued, which I would definitely do immediately.

I have been using Microsoft products for a long time now and I can tell you, for a fact, that never.... not once, in all those years have they ever called me, mailed me, emailed me or contacted me in any other fashion that I did not first solicit or otherwise subscribe to.

There is definitely a rise in phone scammers.... no doubt about that, and....
With Windows 10 being a bit of a problem for a lot of people, it certainly provides a fertile opportunity for unsuspecting users to be victimized.
BUT
I suspect that Microsoft has more important things to do than to seek out John Smith in Burnt Cupcake, Idaho. Just to make his life more miserable than they already have with this Windows 10 _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank).

thanks for the feedback. But this scam is serious. The site was not a legitimate site as I said as they telephone me. Now everytime I use the computer (like to try to get into WINDOWS STORE) I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS IT. It gives me the 2 step verification. But when I put in my current passwords it does not recognise it.

Furthermore, I went onto another command window and asked for the old password. I did it and it still did not recognise it. Then it redirected me to Ms Site (Support), - remember the scam. And wanted to try a remote control. I backed out of this and then tried again.

This time it asked for the code I log on with. I would not give it. And came out of it.
Xbox sign in works fine. All apps sign ins works fine. Microsoft Solitaire does not Nor Microsoft Store.

Seems the hackers have found the backdoor codes for this and they realised its a universal route in many applications. So I reckon they sabotage the computer that way.

SO AS I SAID UNLESS I GET A DOWNLOADABLE LINK TO FIX THE WINDOWS STORE PROGRAM.

DON'T Purchase WINDOWS 10

I am only a domestic home user. Think of all the secured Businesses that use this and how they can be affected. I do not say this lightly. And I have used Microsoft for years - in fact since it began. I was using computers way before they became fashionable in homes. So, when I say I am worried over this global pandemic of a virual scam that imitates Ms Support Page. You can understand my frustration.

Ask a Question