SOLVED Missing Docs

Reaction score
In my Win10 File Explorer Docs on my laptop, also on my external hard drive, I have a sub-folder entitled 'active documents July 28'. This is a folder that no longer appears on my home office PC. Not sure why it has gone missing as other [sister] sub-folders are still intact.

When I try to upload it from my external hard drive, that specific folder is not shown as part of my external hard drive when plugged into my PC USB port. Every other document is there except for that one 'active documents July 28'.

Verifying that the contents of the external hard drive on another computer shows that document 'active documents July 28' is alive and well on the external hard drive, but will not present itself to my home office PC.

This document (folder) is being blocked from view on my PC. When I do the Win10 search for that missing folder, I see it grayed out in a path I cannot access. Namely; C:\Users\myname\Documents\active documents July 28.

What do I need to reset in order for this folder to reappear on this PC as it did yesterday?

Reaction score
powerus you are having a tough time.
The folder may be hidden?
Type "folders" In the search bar. "Show hidden files and folders" > File Explorer Options > View tab, select
"Show hidden files folders and drives".
Apply>OK

Reaction score
powerus you are having a tough time.
The folder may be hidden?
Type "folders" In the search bar. "Show hidden files and folders" > File Explorer Options > View tab, select
"Show hidden files folders and drives".
Apply>OK
Ha! Yes indeed, I've had an exciting morning. Your suggestion posted above worked great, and again, THANKS. Not sure why that folder was 'hidden' but I'm not sure about a lot of things these days (grin).

Reaction score
The problems are usually caused by the person behind the keyboard. LOL One down one to go!.

Ask a Question