Missing Emails

Reaction score
Hi
Please can anyone help. I have an Outlook email account, when I view by emails from a laptop with windows 10 installed I cannot view any sent, deleted, saved emails older than about 2/3 weeks old. However if I logon to my email account via a laptop that does not have windows 10 installed I can see all my saved emails etc so I know they have not been deleted entirely.

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Reaction score
What kind of email account are you talking about in outlook sounds like it isn't a Microsoft email because those should be sync with any client your using only thing I can think of is go to the website where your email comes from and go into settings and make sure you have your setting to leave a copy of your mail on the server this way it can be downloaded to any computer you sign into I know this to be true with Gmail and if you're able use pop3 mail instead of Imap.
Hope this helps, G. Scott

Reaction score
Thank you for replying I have a Microsoft Outlook email account ie @Outlook.com . When I view my emails from this laptop which has Windows 10 loaded I cannot create email folders, the folders I do have saved are empty (should have all my family history research in), sent emails only go back 2/3 weeks same with deleted.
When I sign on to my email account via my old laptop which has windows 7 loaded I can see the content of all my folders and can create new folders.

Reaction score
Partly resolved - A window popped up whilst I was in my emails asking if I wanted to update my Sync options.

On investigating there was an option to show all items (was set at a month) have now changed it and can now see all my emails although I still cannot create new folders.

Ask a Question