Missing Login

Reaction score
So after I did the build update my login is missing. To be more exact, the picture of me is missing.. There are no accounts showing on the login screen whatsoever. It's just blank aside from the icons down at the bottom. Anyone have a clue?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No.... no idea at all.
Are you stuck now, with no means of getting to your desktop?
Another restart might help.
Also make sure, assuming that the update was not interrupted and has completely finished you manually check windows updates and see if there is anything pending.
Other than that, maybe using the install media and performing some of the advanced troubleshooting / startup repair, may get things going.

Reaction score
That's right, I have absolutely no way of getting to the desktop. I can't do anything but restart, shutdown or play with the wifi settings. I tried booting off the USB and running the various repair options. All of them failed for some reason or another. I saw someone in the preview forums said that they fixed it by doing a "refresh" but when I try it says my drive is locked. The funny thing is that I did the upgrade at home and everything went just fine.

Reaction score
Wow. That's new. Like Trouble, I have no idea how that could have happened. Is there no message or alternative shown on the login screen? Try the magic Windows Key + C and see if it will open the Settings (Charms) bar

Reaction score
What is funny is that I shut the laptop down to take it home last night, got to work, booted it up and there was my user on the login screen. Now keep in mind I have rebooted, shut down, gone in and out of sleep mode.. All the normal stuff. No change. Apparently I just needed to give it a nap lol.

Reaction score
What is funny is that I shut the laptop down to take it home last night, got to work, booted it up and there was my user on the login screen. Now keep in mind I have rebooted, shut down, gone in and out of sleep mode.. All the normal stuff. No change. Apparently I just needed to give it a nap lol.

Reaction score
So this has been an ongoing problem but I think I have it figured out why. This is a laptop. When I have WIFI enabled while I am docked (and therefore connected to ethernet) the domain login is missing. If I disable wifi using the hardware switch, the domain login is there. If I am on wifi alone the domain login is there as it is if I am not connected to wifi. Strange.

Ask a Question