Mobile hotspot not starting

Reaction score
Hello, thanks in advance to whoever helps.

So, I've been using the built in windows 10 mobile hotspot for a while now (few months) and it's worked well until recently, where after no specific new program/hardware change/etc. it just stopped working.

I click on the network sharing, press the mobile hotspot button and it just immediately writes "disconnecting" and doesn't start.

If i try from the windows 10 network setting it just says "We can't set up mobile hotspot"

I'm using an asus ROG laptop I7- 47220 HQ CPU, Windows 10 home edition 64 bit, 16 GB RAM, my connection is shared, i've tried a few fixes but none of them worked.

If you need any more info LMK, thanks again and great day.

Reaction score
Network drivers may require updating. I would first attempt to run the Troubleshooter "Internet Connection"

Reaction score
I've used the network reset button in the network connection settings, and the hotspot is starting now, but when i try to connect my phone to it it gets stuck in the "Obtaining IP" phase and never moves on.

I've tried to troubleshoot it didnt find any issue.

****UPDATE****

The network reset has done it for me, now everything works fine, will update if it fuks up again.

Thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question