SOLVED Mobile Partner compatibility with KB4020001

Reaction score
When I first open Mobile Partner after this Windows 10 Update (KB4020001) the app gets stuck/locked trying to connect with the server. It can only be stopped by physically removing the USB device (stick) OR by using MobileDoctorV2 to stop it. After app restart it usually connects quickly as it has always done before KB4020001 AND when tested and retested on an older laptop using Windows XP.

The Windows 10 troubleshooter and MobileDoctorV2 (diagnostic repair tool) indicate an incompatibility issue and/or network registration issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed Mobile Partner 5 times so far and the problem persists

Reaction score
After confirming and assorted multiple reconfirmations that the issue is caused by the "improving" Windows 10 Update KB4020001, I finally seem to have fixed the problem by preventing Windows from handling the connection per se. In the Action Center popup for Internet Access I simply UNchecked the box that indicated: "Let Windows manage this connection" (which seemed a very likely cause here) and it now indicates in that user-variable Internet Access popup: "You need to connect manually each time you want to use your cellular data".

A no-brainer (though it did take some brains to realize the obvious) since EVERY time one needs to connect to the Internet using Mobile Partner .... it MUST be done "manually" (click "Connect" on Mobile Partner popup window after sign-in and thereafter while signed in)

Happy to have found the missing logic

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First of all..... greetings and welcome to the forum.
Glad you managed to resolve your problem and appreciate you sharing your experience and solution with us.
Thank You

Ask a Question