Monitor brightness fluctuation when no windows are open?

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

I am writing this to see if anyone has encountered this issue before. I have searched the internet for a while now and have also attempted to resolve the issue myself through updating Windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for both the monitor and GPU. I've ran certain CMD commands to check registry files and corrupt files and have looked to see if there is an "adaptive brightness" setting which could be automatically dimming the brightness when nothing is being displayed; for example - a dark area of a film/ game.

I currently do not have any "adaptive brightness" feature running and if it is, I can not find it. I will include a video of what the issue entails and how it will affect performance both through work and entertainment. If the brightness dims during dark scenes or areas of gameplay, this will severely decrease the overall experience.

I will also detail the specs for my hardware that I am currently utilising:

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
  • Installed RAM 16.0 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
  • System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • GPU NVIDIA ZOTAC GTX 1050Ti
  • Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Z390 AORUS MASTER

If there is anything that I have missed out or information you would like to know in order to resolve the issue then please do not hesitate to ask me as I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for all the help in advance!

Reaction score
Hi JJ2K and Merry Christmas to you too.

have you checked that the monitor frequency is correct?. Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers?. ;)

Official GeForce Drivers | NVIDIA

What version of Win 10 do you have?.

How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version | Windows 10 Forums

1609145064621.png

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

I am writing this to see if anyone has encountered this issue before. I have searched the internet for a while now and have also attempted to resolve the issue myself through updating Windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for both the monitor and GPU. I've ran certain CMD commands to check registry files and corrupt files and have looked to see if there is an "adaptive brightness" setting which could be automatically dimming the brightness when nothing is being displayed; for example - a dark area of a film/ game.

I currently do not have any "adaptive brightness" feature running and if it is, I can not find it. I will include a video of what the issue entails and how it will affect performance both through work and entertainment. If the brightness dims during dark scenes or areas of gameplay, this will severely decrease the overall experience.

I will also detail the specs for my hardware that I am currently utilising:

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
  • Installed RAM 16.0 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
  • System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • GPU NVIDIA ZOTAC GTX 1050Ti
  • Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Z390 AORUS MASTER

If there is anything that I have missed out or information you would like to know in order to resolve the issue then please do not hesitate to ask me as I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for all the help in advance!

My immediate reaction to that video is there is a backlight issue and the monitor should be RMA'd

Ask a Question