Monitor problem after update installed

Reaction score
Monitor jumps straight to power saving mode after an update was installed on 31/07/20 I cannot get it out so have no windows screen.I see the LG logo for a split second
Monitor LGFlatron E 19405-PN
CPU HP PavilionSystem Windows 10 upgraded from 8. Version1904 or1909 definiteky not 20....It said it was a net security update.Sorry cant check anything

Reaction score
Monitor jumps straight to power saving mode after an update was installed on 31/07/20 I cannot get it out so have no windows screen.I see the LG logo for a split second
Monitor LGFlatron E 19405-PN
CPU HP PavilionSystem Windows 10 upgraded from 8. Version1904 or1909 definiteky not 20....It said it was a net security update.Sorry cant check anything

Reaction score
Hi Sue,

if you are offered the chance to enter Advanced Startup Options or have a copy of Win 10 on a USB stick or DVD, try the following link and read from " If you can't boot Windows 10 ". Then try repair options or enter Safe Mode and change the monitor settings if you can :)

Reaction score
See.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you use the monitor buttons to produce the OSD and its' related menu options built into the monitor?
Have you examined both ends of the connecting cable and confirmed that they are both seated firmly in-place?
Have you tried a different cable of the same type?
Have you tried a different cable of a different type connector. HDMI, Display Port, DVI, VGA, etc.,?

Reaction score
The best possible solution is to enter to safe mode and roll back to the last stable version of Windows.

How do I start Windows 10 in Safe Mode?
  1. Click Windows-button → Power.
  2. Hold down the shift key and click Restart.
  3. Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
  4. Go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.
  5. Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.
  6. Various boot options are displayed.
  7. Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.

Ask a Question