SOLVED More problems after system reset

Reaction score
I successfully installed windows 10 a few days ago, but I faced many problems such as this -> https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/windows-10-wont-wake-up-from-sleep.1050/#post-8710

I thus decided to do a reset of my computer using the built in "refresh" tool. I immediately did a sfc/scannow to check my system files, which had somehow been corrupted even though I had reset the whole system! Not only that, I still have the sleep/wake problem above, which not only applies to putting my computer to sleep but also shutting it down. I have to force turn off my computer every time.
Also, I looked around my system and found my 1TB HDD had already been filled with 501 GB of data! I did not keep any personal files. I used the "Storage usage" function and found this(attached). Can someone explain? The numbers don't even add up.
I was hoping a system reset would help, turns out it created more... Windows 10 is great if I ignore the problems, but I can't.
I'm new here, thanks for your help!

I use a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
Reaction score
For those who had the problem of missing disk space, in my case it was a file "Temp_SafeToDeleteRefreshFile_Attempt0__File0" occupying 431GB. It is safe to delete.

Reaction score
For the rest of the problems I faced, I tried to do a system "refresh" again but I was unable to do so as I had wiped my Recovery D: drive and thus no refresh media was detected.
I then used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to reinstall windows 10, and all problems solved! :D
As for the file occupying 431GB, it was located in Windows C:- not in a file or folder, easy to find.

Ask a Question