Mouse pointer jumps every few seconds even with the mouse turned OFF.

Reaction score
I have been having a problem for more than a month and cannot seem to find the answer to my dilemma.
My pointer will constantly jump on the page, sometimes auto click a page I do not want, and its driving me crazy. Not only that, the computer doesn't want to go to sleep or go into screen saver.
I am using a Sony Vaio touchscreen and the website does not have any driver information for the Windows 10. So I am not sure its the computer. We only use it to get on the internet and Facebook or do research. No gaming or anything.

I have tried doing the following:
Changed the mouse (3 times)
Changing the mouse settings
Turning the mouse off to see if its a conflict (the pointer still jumps and clicks)
Looked for updated drivers (including video/mouse) nothing new or changed.
Turned off Touchscreen, Cortana (shes useless anyway), and any programs that I don't need to run in the background.
Updated to new virus software (no issues)
Restored to a point prior to the issue. Nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem? It took me forever to even type this post. I rather save my bullets and try to reach out for a solution first before putting it out of it's misery.

Reaction score
My wife has a similar problem with her Toshiba Notebook when using an external/USB wireless mouse and has to turn off the Touchpad. A lot of folks have an issue with their thumbs doing things without noticing it. I've seen some mice have issues with batteries nearing the end of their usefulness.

Reaction score
Are you wearing long sleeved garments when typing?, they tend to drag over the touchpad and create a problem with the mouse!. :)

Reaction score
My wife has a similar problem with her Toshiba Notebook when using an external/USB wireless mouse and has to turn off the Touchpad. A lot of folks have an issue with their thumbs doing things without noticing it. I've seen some mice have issues with batteries nearing the end of their usefulness.

Hi,
Unfortunately this is a desktop and I even tried turning off the touch screen. I can place the pointer in the middle of the screen and shove my hands up under my butt ad it will still move 5 secs later. I've aIso tried non battery type mice and others. No go. ts aggravating. :( Thanks for replying. If you hear anything else let me know.

Ask a Question