Mouse Wheel

Reaction score
During one of the last few updates, the mouse wheels on both my Logitech M220 & M185 have been not working properly. I have the wheel set to scroll 8 lines on each of them - it scrolls ok but after the 8 lines it is very unsteady stopping. It will carry on for a few more lines [up and down] after reaching 8 lines.
Also it is very hard to get proper precision with the mouse pointer on highlighting a few letters or words. They are both very sloppy and loose.

My computer Is a Lenovo All-in-one - 1TB - intel core i3, 7020 U processor, Ram GB4

Reaction score
Hi Lynne,

have you tried resetting it to a normal/lower scroll function?. :)

1599634841767.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks for your reply & suggestion. Yes, I have tried using fewer lines and it's still the same. I have left it set on 2 lines to scroll at the moment but it is scrolling more lines than that and still slightly moving on after it's meant to stop....not as much as before and something I think I can put up with

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Lynne~

Since the mice you are referring to are Logitech .. have you tried using SetPoint software found at this link if you don't have it Provided by Logitech, rather than the windows mouse settings?

I've had the same issue as you from time to time with the multiple Logitech Mice I have had (and still do use) and MANY TIMES .. using the settings in the Logitech software itself DOES help in alleviating the issues.

Good Luck :)
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks for the link, I tried the logi update download and there was no difference. I did have a very large Windows update this week and wondered if this could have affected it. I suppose I should get in touch with logi direct now
Once again thanks for your help.

Reaction score
If I may, one thing about the OS and the desktop is the display is dynamic, not static like a picture hanging on the wall. It is constantly refreshing/redrawing and that includes within programs. 8 lines of data is considerable and takes awhile to get the display updated. The amount of RAM on the motherboard plus the amount of memory for the display adapter play a large role in smoothness of the refreshing, the more the merrier. The speed of the CPU can play a part but memory is key.

Reaction score
Hi Lynne,

as @Bighorn suggests, increasing your amount of RAM may well help?.

Are you running the latest version of Windows 10 (currently version 2004) which may also be a factor?.

Reaction score
@Bighorn I don't have it set on 8 anymore, not since 1st reply from Wolfie. It's set to 2 or 3, depending on how much it is running on every time. It's only been running on since one of the Window's updates during the last month. I have tried another mouse and it's the same. I'll see what logitech say as the keyboard isn't behaving as it should either.

I have no idea how to increase RAM :oops:

@Wolfie - Yes I am using the latest version of Windows 10 > 2004 which was installed on 31.7.20, I wonder if this was the date the mouse & keyboard started to mess up?

Reaction score
I have no idea how to increase RAM
Hi Lynne,

if you go to Start > System info > System Summary it will show us your computer model and we can advise you more about how to increase RAM, or simply post the make and model of your computer please. :)

1600067078823.png

Ask a Question