.MOV Files suddenly stop workng

Reaction score
Up until a few days ago I was able to import .MOV files from my iPhone 5 to my Windows 10 computer and play them with the default 'Films & TV' app. For some reason my computer now hates this file type. It wont play any audio unless its through the slow Quicktime media player, even vlc doesn't work. Also I edit these video with Sony Vegas Pro 13 and now whenever I drag them onto the timeline the video corrupts and screen freezes!!

Reaction score
Same thing hapend to me.. MOV files were playing great with "Movies & TV" and now all i get is a green screen (the movie is actually playing, and i can hear the audio).
Same when i play i with Media Player.
I really wish to avoid installing 3rd party applications..

have you find any solution?

Reaction score
Same thing hapend to me.. MOV files were playing great with "Movies & TV" and now all i get is a green screen (the movie is actually playing, and i can hear the audio).
Same when i play i with Media Player.
I really wish to avoid installing 3rd party applications..

have you find any solution?

No, i can't find anything. Also with sony vegas it will work for a few days then just suddenly everything will go black and i can only hear audio!!

Reaction score
Okay...
So i just ended up with MS tech support (seems that they have a free technician services, where they gain control at your PC and fix the problem).
After alot of digging it turned out to be the Graphic card driver.. when he disabled it (via computer management) all worked fine..
I have an old ATI Radeon 4550 which (by ATI/AMD) is not supported by Windows 10 so there is no new driver...
Seems that my MOV files were playing up until windows update had updated my Video Driver and screw things up..
Guess its time for me to get a new Graphic card...

Hope this helps..

Ask a Question