SOLVED MS Office message

Reaction score
I have a new PC & installed MS Office “2003” I know but It is all I need & I like it.
Now I did a custom install & only installed Excel, Word & Power Point. Now this HP came with Office365 installed and it tried to get into the way when I installed 2003.
The following is what MS says on my screen when I open office some times but not every time. I can close the message and go on about my business without any further trouble until a day or so & I will get the message again.

"Accept the license agreement

You can use Office until Thursday March 7, 2019. After that date most features of Office will be disabled."

I have loaded this program since Win 98, Vista etc including numerous times into Win7 after installing new HD’s without any trouble or getting this message. When I loaded it into Win10 & I installed the key as usual but it did give me a message somewhat like the one above.

! Should I have removed Office 365 first?
2. Will it happen as it say’s?
3 What do I do about it?

Reaction score
I am sure the message relates to 365. So, uninstalling it should lose the message. But, a caution, i am sure i read somewhere that Office 203 is not compatible with Windows 10?

Reaction score
I have several versions of Office running on different Win10 computers and most of the basicx work, even Office 2000. I don't count on older versions of Outlook working properly so don't install them. This Dell Vostro Notebook I'm using this A.M. has Office 2000.

Most of the Win10 computers are 64-bit and have either the 64-bit version of Office 2010 or Office 2013 and the older 32-bit versions of Office on a few.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I installed Office 2003 I did a custom install as I usually do since I don't want Outlook, publisher etc, I only use Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Ok, so I don't screw this up. Should I just remove Office 365 by itself & leave Office 2003 installed or should I remove Office 2003 then remove 365 then re-install 2003?

2003 seems to run just fine. This is a new PC so I don't have much on it yet so if I have to remove 2003 that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
I would uninstall 365, and see how it comes out. Worst case you might have to do a repair install of 2003

Ask a Question