My computer will not start. It continues on the starting up screen.

Reaction score
When I turn on my Acer laptop with Windows 10 it shows that it is starting up but does not do anything else. It remains telling me it is starting up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My advice would be to, give it time and leave it for a few hours or more to see if it ultimately boots to the Welcome screen.
Assuming it had been performing satisfactorily prior to this incident it might be simply completing some update or other which might require some extra patience.

IF it isn't pitching any error information and with no details as to what might have preceded this occurrence it's difficult to suggest anything further.
IF you have Windows 10 installation media you can always boot to that and use the "Repair you PC" link to attempt some advanced troubleshooting

Reaction score
When I turn on my Acer laptop with Windows 10 it shows that it is starting up but does not do anything else. It remains telling me it is starting up.
I had the same problem with an Acer laptop I bought last year. Spent hours and days and weeks trying to sort out. Acer support was very poor. In the end I got a refund from my supplier (Argos) and bought an HP laptop from them. Touch wood .................

Reaction score
Do you have an external USB drive attached? I have to turn mine off or it will do the same thing trying to boot from USB.

Reaction score
Change the boot order in BIOS or hit F8, I believe, to bring up bios boot menu to select your HDD as the boot device. Actually it should display the key to hit for the purpose on startup screen.

May be the C: drive is damaged and difficult to read. I always have a couple of Norton Ghost images created in the last month to restore to fully functional boot partition.

Ask a Question