SOLVED My Music library folder changed into HDD ... help?

Reaction score
So ... you know how under "This PC" there are several folders called Music, Pictures, Videos etc. Well - I was reorganizing my stuff to save disk space and what not, and accidentaly .... changed my Music library folder into Local Drive D:

I have no idea what I did to make it so, but I do not know how to change it back. My PC thinks this is local drive D .... I can not delete this folder, since it's not a shortcut. It's library. When I click it, it behaves just like local drive. Deleting contents delets actual files in my D drive.

Here it's how it looks like:

new.png

Anyways. I would like my old music folder back. I want to navigate to my music when I click it. And I already have local D drive ... if you know what I mean. In short I want my music library folder to behave like music library folder. If there's no other solution I will ofc have to reinstall Windows, but I would rather not do that. Seems such stupid and arbitrary thing .... I would be happy with any ammount of help. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
It appears that you just renamed mymusic. When you clcik onthe MynName in ther right-hand panel, what displays?

Browse to your user directory and see if you have Documents, Pictures and Music or is Music renamed there as well.

Reaction score
No it's not a rename. Like I said, It behaves like local drive D.

Here it's screenshot with properties: new 2.png

That is: Properties of my music folder. I can not rename it. Idk why it's name is suddenly changed to D:\

The MynName folder: It is my user folder. I renamed it for the sake of my privacy before posting here. It was named after me - it was my name. Basicaly It's this: I created folder in D drive, named MyName. Inside I created subfolders:
-Videos, Music, Documents, Downloads, Pictures. Then I clicked properties of coresponding library folder - say documents, and pointed location to it, so it saves my documents under D:\MyName\Documents. Instead of original C\Users\MyName\Documents. I did this so the library folder for documents uses my second drive rather than system drive.

I did this for all of the library folders, but with Music I messed up something. My original user folder is also jumbled mess. But I can delete it, and move its contents to new folder. I can not delete my library music folder (called D:\ for some reason), and create new one. Or atleast I do not know how. My PC treats it EXACTLEY as local drive D. I can even format. Basicaly - all my folders - even programs, that are installed in D are in SUBFOLDER of music :/

It is very bizare. One has to see it to belive it. I have even hard time explaining.

EDIT: What is supposed to be my videos folder, has whatever name my user folder has - Video folders have changed into user folder :/ It's very bizare. Also, my user folder has icon of music folder, for whatever reason. I removed contents from it, and saved them so I don't lose them. Ir'a also worth noting, after restart my PC CREATED Pictures and Downloads folders in my D drive. I deleted them before reset.

Reaction score
UPDATE: I solved it now!

I figured out the problem. I messed up the location of my library folder, so computer taught of it as HDD. The way to solve it was by finding the problem in regedit, and reseted location through there. Now it's back to normal. I found solution on another other forum... anyways thnx for help regardless

Ask a Question