My pc wont boot

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you can see by the title i have problems booting up my pc.

I wanted to install windows 7 today and after changing the boot order in the recovery section of windows 10. I restarted my pc and nothing came up on the screen and the HDD light doesnt flicker.

So far I've tried resetting the bios by removing the cmos battery and I've also tried using different displays.

What can i do to fix this? All hardware should be working fine since the pc was working without any problems until i changed the boot order.

All help is appreciated.

Reaction score
We will need more info than you are providing. So you might fill in where the system started and what process you used to install Windows 7.

Is this a UEFI system, what OS was installed initially, how many hard drives.

If you can get into the bios menu, make sure the Windows Boot manager is primary boot device if Windows 10 was a UEFI install. If it was a Legacy install, make the drive on which it was installed as primary. Then see what happens and what messages you get.

Reaction score
It was originally windows 8 then upgraded to windows and 10 about 3 months ago, there is only 1 hard drive and im not sure whether it is UEFI or not.

The whole process went like this: i downloaded w7 and burnt it onto a cd and then i changed the boot order to floppy/cd. Then i inserted the w7 disk and restarted the pc. And that's it.

I cant really access the bios since nothing comes up on my screen.

Reaction score
You have removed the CD from the drive?

Did you actually do the Windows 7 install?

You should be able to get into the bios no matter what. But it can be hard depending on your system. Try finding the F key or whatever key combination and start tapping much earlier than you might think. If you can get into the bios, make the changes you need.

Reaction score
Yes, i did remove the disc and no i didnt install windows 7. I'll try getting into the bios, but incase i dont manage, is there anything else i can do?

Reaction score
I could only suggesting shutting the system completely down before trying to boot and get into the bios. The Windows 10 repair is supposed to start after the third failed boot, so maybe something will allow you into the Repair System if you can't get into the bios.

If you do get into the Repair System, there may be an advanced option which would boot you into the bios.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help dude. Im not sure what happened but when i turned on my pc this morning it suddenly started working

Ask a Question