My Windows 10 operations have degrading as follows

Reaction score
I am having a number of operational difficulties with my Windows 10.
1) when I am setting some apps a black band 3/4" down the right hand of the screen. click on it and it turns white and a message appears "Quick Access is not responding" . I then close it but I then have to restart my laptop.
2. I am getting continuous message that my yahoo settings are not updated. I ensure my settings are updated but the message returns.
3. The general performance has been poor since changed to Windows 10 despite my laptop is only 14 months old.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone having similar problems and any information in resolving these difficulties.

Regards,
Mark

Reaction score
Hi,

Win 10 is a fine operating system, notwithstanding the privacy issues. However, many devices have performance or stability issues when running Win 10. Especially if Win 10 was installed as an upgrade.

Was your previous operating system stable? Or did the current problems migrate to Win 10?

What make and product number is your laptop? Have you checked your manufacturer's website for Win 10 drivers and support?

You could have buggy drivers provided by Microsoft or no drivers installed for critical items such as storage and chipset, or graphics.

You could try backing up all of your data and try installing Win 10 clean if you upgraded to Win 10. You could go back to the previous operating system if you have found it to be stable. Again, backing up your data and having product keys at your disposal so you can install the programs you added to either operating system after either going back to your previous operating system or doing a clean install or a reset.

You could try a reset.

Do you have a system image you can use to restore your previous operating system? Do you have a manufacturer recovery disc set?

Poor performance suggests you have system driver issues. What's happening in Device Manager? Any errors?

How about checking Reliability History in Maintenance found in Control Panel.

Jaco

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you attempted to contact Packard Bell reference your particular model Easynote TE69BM
I notice here http://www.packardbell.dk/pb/en/GB/...le-models#_ga=1.64077479.925443225.1477315257
Your model is evidently supported for the upgrade to Windows 10, but....
When I click "Windows 10 Anniversary Update" in the left column, I get this http://www.packardbell.fi/pb/en/GB/content/windows10-update#_ga=1.68677913.925443225.1477315257
Where you particular model does not seem to be mentioned.

Perhaps they would have some specifics as to why it would support the upgrade to Windows 10 but not to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

As a current download from Microsoft of the Installation media, might only provide the Anniversary Edition media, those details might be important to know.

Reaction score
First my apologies for my late response to your message. I haven't contacted Packard Bell but I will pursue that option.
I have discovered another issue where I switched on my laptop and the desktop display is dull. When I disconnect the power the display brightens. So I now switch-on with battery back-up and when I get the 'battery low' I connect the power and the brightness remains on display.

Regards,
Mark McL

Reaction score
Hi,

Win 10 is a fine operating system, notwithstanding the privacy issues. However, many devices have performance or stability issues when running Win 10. Especially if Win 10 was installed as an upgrade.

Was your previous operating system stable? Or did the current problems migrate to Win 10?

What make and product number is your laptop? Have you checked your manufacturer's website for Win 10 drivers and support?

You could have buggy drivers provided by Microsoft or no drivers installed for critical items such as storage and chipset, or graphics.

You could try backing up all of your data and try installing Win 10 clean if you upgraded to Win 10. You could go back to the previous operating system if you have found it to be stable. Again, backing up your data and having product keys at your disposal so you can install the programs you added to either operating system after either going back to your previous operating system or doing a clean install or a reset.

You could try a reset.

Do you have a system image you can use to restore your previous operating system? Do you have a manufacturer recovery disc set?

Poor performance suggests you have system driver issues. What's happening in Device Manager? Any errors?

How about checking Reliability History in Maintenance found in Control Panel.

Jaco

Reaction score
First I apologise for late response. I will take on board your suggestions and will advise you of any results.

Regards,
Mark.

Reaction score
I am having a number of operational difficulties with my Windows 10.
1) when I am setting some apps a black band 3/4" down the right hand of the screen. click on it and it turns white and a message appears "Quick Access is not responding" . I then close it but I then have to restart my laptop.
2. I am getting continuous message that my yahoo settings are not updated. I ensure my settings are updated but the message returns.
3. The general performance has been poor since changed to Windows 10 despite my laptop is only 14 months old.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone having similar problems and any information in resolving these difficulties.

Regards,
Mark

Reaction score
I apologise for my late response. I will undertake your suggestions and I will advise you of any results

Regards,
Mark

Ask a Question