SOLVED Need help! Locked out of my laptop

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my login. My laptop or Windows 10 ( I don't know what's causing the issue) has changed my local account to my Microsoft account and will not accept my password for my local and/or Microsoft account. I have change my Microsoft password multiple times and it still doesn't work. Every time I try a new password it says "you can't sign to your login right now" and tells me to go account.live.com to fix the problem. I can login to my Microsoft account on my phone just fine, but not on my laptop. I've contacted Microsoft tech support and waiting for their help. If anyone knows of an easy solution please help.

Reaction score
I finally figure out what happened after walking away for an hour. Some Microsoft program decided to link my local account to a old account that I hadn't use for six years and make the old account the admin. And I know it was mircosoft's fault because before this whole thing happened it kept sending notifications telling me to update my information on my Microsoft account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the follow-up information.
Glad to hear that you managed to sort out your problem.

Ask a Question