SOLVED Netflix and Edge

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does anyone use the "Edge" browser and "Netflix" (in the browser not the App)
I'm trying to get away from IE and embrace Microsoft's Edge browser, however.....
Here is what I am experiencing
Every time I use edge and go to Netflix.com I am presented with the login screen.
My credentials for Netflix are cached and present in the appropriate boxes so all I have to do is click the sign-in button and it's good to go, but.....
I promptly receive and email from Netflix concerning a "New Login" to my account this happens every time I use Edge for Netflix viewing.

NOTE: Both Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Google Chrome cache my credentials and bypass the sign-in screen and go straight inside my account.
I contacted Netflix for help and their "expert" suggested that I install the "Netflix App".
Just what I wanted to do, install another piece of software to accomplish something I otherwise have no problem doing.....
As long as I don't use Edge.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I usually use the app, but signed in via Edge a couple of times just now and I get the same repeated notifications:

Capture.PNG

The app is actually pretty good, I use that on PC or an Android TV box. It's one of the few store apps I would happily install :).

Reaction score
I use it with Edge, which is my default.
Maybe Edge, or Netflix, does not recognise the cached particulars? Try manually.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I get the same repeated notifications:
Thank you, I was afraid that it might be some secret checkbox somewhere that I neglected.
The app is actually pretty good
Yah.... I've used it before but it doesn't have the hover preview feature the browsers seem to have.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Edge seems to handle other sites perfectly fine. Everything from my Amazon Smile account to my County Library credentials.
Interestingly, the browser that I'm trying to wean my self off from (I.E.) has no such problem.

Reaction score
Once again. Microsoft windows 10 peculiarities. It is oversensitive to differences in setup, I feel.
Me. Signed in to Netflix with Edge. (Windows 10 Pro)

with

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have zero problems signing into Netflix using the Edge browser.

My problem is....
IF I close the browser and then reopen it and go back to Netflix I have to sign in again the user name and password are present on the screen but I have to click the sign in button. Everytime.....
And then I get an email notification from netflix regarding a new signin, which you would normally get if you were signing in using a device that you had never used with your account before, or if you had used a cleaner. Neither of which applies.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
You have done this in the settings? I get thw windows offer to save as well!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes that is set correctly and it does save the password, I don't have to ever enter the User Name or Password.
Also have made sure that the hidden setting that says something about "Clear data on exit" is toggled off.
So I think I have all the proper settings unless I've missed something somewhere that I can't find.

Reaction score
I have just logged off and switched off my Laptop twice. Each time I only had to click on the cached login to get back. Sorry. I can't offer anymore. Nothing significant in my settings.

Reaction score
Save passwords - Manage passwords? in the settings. Not trying to sell edge, but I think it is pretty good!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I marked this Solved today, because.....
The problem (and it was a P.I.T.A. problem) just automagically fixed itself.
It has ceased to exist. Since I've had no actual Windows 10 updates according to my update history, I will assume that someone at Netflix, flipped a switch and it now supports Edge cookies / cached credentials or whatever the heck was causing the issue.

Ask a Question