SOLVED Netplwiz, no admin rights, touchpad disabled

Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to set up autologin to my accont and i messed up the netplwiz and it does not let me back in into it. If i go on the netplwiz file, it says: "do you allow changes on your pc by netplwiz?" And it only allows me the answer "no". And I have no admin rights apperantly. This is the first and only account on my pc, but I lost admin right after failing the netplwiz. I can't change anything in regedit either. And also an unrelated problem just to top it all off haha. Since I booted the windows the touchepad does not work at all. I would much appreciate it if you could help me with any of these. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Marton,

press the Windows symbol so the the start menu shows and type "run", right click and open as Admin!. This will give you admin rights!.

Your touchpad is most likely deactivated by a button(s) on your KB, look at the manual to find our what key(s) it is!. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer but when I search on run it does not give me the "open as admin" option. Edit: I don't see the touchpad recognized in BIOS either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you can open User Accounts, is your user showing as admin?. I cannot right click the icon in the menu to open it as admin either?.

Re: Touchpad, I don't think that the touchpad would show in BIOS?, there is normally a key or key combo on the keyboard so you can switch it off and on, check the manual for your model and it should tell you, it might be the FN key + F4 as an example, some keyboards have just a button!.

1585040416610.png

What make and model is your laptop?. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It doesn't let me into user accounts for some reason. A message pops up "do you want user accounts to change your pc settings?" And I can only click on "no" it doesn't offer me a "yes" option. Some laptops have a touchpad setting in BIOS but maybe this one doesn't. Edit again haha: The key combo is fn f7 for my laptop but when i press it nothing happens. And if I unplug the mouse the pointer om the screen disappears.

Reaction score
Hi Marton,

I suggest you add another account and then you can manage the accounts in the Control Panel > User Accounts and then check who is admin and who isn't!. You can delete the account later if you want to!.

As for the touchpad, FN + F7 is your combo, is there any other key (normally to the right of "Space" on some laptops) which might be a single press action?. ;)

Reaction score
Oh wait. Im dumb haha. Haven't activated windows yet just booted it. So the admin problem lies in there probably. But as far as the touchpad is, I read through the manual and there is no single action key for it. So maybe it could be hardware issue?

Reaction score
If you tell us the make and model, we could check for possible new drivers for the touchpad issue!.

Did activating Windows solve the admin problem?. :)

Reaction score
Oh wait. Im dumb haha. Haven't activated windows yet just booted it. So the admin problem lies in there probably. But as far as the touchpad is, I read through the manual and there is no single action key for it. So maybe it could be hardware issue?
Most times a Notebook will use the Fn plus another Fx key to disable or enable the touchpad. Some will allow simply plugging a mouse to disable it. Some will not need the Fn key, depends upon the markings to pay attention to.

Reaction score
Bootable Media will give you Full Admin Rights, and such allow you to use netplwiz

Reaction score
Sorry for the late answer. I reinstalled windows and it fixed the admin problem and i did some research and it seems that i need some intel driver instalation in order to fix the touchpad. Thank you for your help anyways :)

Ask a Question