Disable login screen, netplwiz did not work

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to remove the login screen from Windows then but when I followed the suggest route through typing netplwiz into Run, and unchecking the account, it still doesn't work. I think the issue might be the other accounts. In my list, there is me, the administrator, but then there are also these other accounts. I went to User Accounts in Control Panel to remove them but they aren't there. Does someone know what to do? I attached a photo to show what it looks like when I run netplwiz. Thank you !

Attachments

• USERS.jpg
    USERS.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,260
Reaction score
After unchecking the account, did you go to the second screen and enter your password (twice). The program needs this in order to ascertain which password to bypass.

Reaction score
After unchecking the account, did you go to the second screen and enter your password (twice). The program needs this in order to ascertain which password to bypass.

Hi! Yes I did. I went through the whole process, entered my password twice, restarted my computer, but it still did not work.

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Kathryn1113. I have had Windows 10 for two months and never had to sign in until tonight. All of a sudden it requires either my Microsoft password or my admin password. The problem is I never use my admin account so none of my stuff is there anyway. Everything is under the Microsoft account it is forcing me to sign in to. I have tried the above suggestion just to see if I could get in to my admin account without a password but to no avail.

Reaction score
This sounds like a result of a recent Win 10 update. It's been working fine, without a login screen, for months.
But now I have to log in every time I reboot.
I've tried the netplwiz fix, but I still get the same problem.
George Orwell was right... :)
HELP!!!

Reaction score
This worked for me :-

Start button
Click on account name (top of box)
Click on "change account settings"
Left side : "sign in options"
Required sign in " Never"

Thats all, solved.

Reaction score
This worked for me :-

Start button
Click on account name (top of box)
Click on "change account settings"
Left side : "sign in options"
Required sign in " Never"

Thats all, solved.
Hello Glyndf,
I tried this, but it doesn't work. It was already set to "Require sign-in=Never" from a previous attempt.
I've done the Run> netplwiz fix suggested by others, but that doesn't work either.
I shut down just now, then started the PC, and I'm having to sign in again.
I still need HELP please?

Reaction score
After a shutdown I am required to sign in, otherwise no login is necessary ( on my PC at least. )
Good luck, my expertise does not stretch any further.

Reaction score
Hello Glyndf,
I tried this, but it doesn't work. It was already set to "Require sign-in=Never" from a previous attempt.
I've done the Run> netplwiz fix suggested by others, but that doesn't work either.
Ever since the last auto update the password was required. Nothing worked. Spoke to ms which eventually disconnected me, spoke to them on chat, not helpful. Finally went into User Control and said to sign in locally. Added local user name and left password fields blank. This worked. Hope it helps you.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Just curious,

I realise that most people do the Start > Run > netplwiz > OK > and uncheck the sign in

Apparently, going by this thread that is not working so well for some now.

So what happens for those people if they go to same location this way:
  • Press Winkey + R to open Run dialog
  • Type control userpasswords2 then click OK
  • Remove the check as they normally would then enter the password twice as they normally would

Reaction score
Hi Regedit.

I have just tried both ways, on two different machines. Both worked 100% - No login needed.

I believe there may be another reason why it is not working for some.

Reaction score
Hello Glyndf,
I have the same issue-have removed all additional logins-restarted-everything suggested-still get the damn password rqrd!!!!!

Reaction score
I had the same problem, so I just launched netplwiz right click on it and run as administrator.
This did worked for me.

Reaction score
The thread is about three years old, so probably subsequent MS Updates have fixed the problem (if there was one!)

Ask a Question