Network name no longer available - Mapping network drive

Reaction score
When I attempt to map a letter to a network share, it fails with the message "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred: The specified network name is no longer available." I have been mapping that letter to the share for four months with no issue until last week. The share is on a server at my work. I can ping the server and connect it to it via ssh with no issue, using either the network name or the IP address.

Solutions I have tried include installing the latest Windows 10 updates, enabling SMB 1.0/CIS File Sharing Support, and specifying the IP address instead of the network name, which gives the same issue.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi merenze,

I don't know about mapping but you might get some help from the link below or one of the other forum members. :)

Reaction score
Hi merenze,

I don't know about mapping but you might get some help from the link below or one of the other forum members. :)

Thanks, but those are actually the instructions I followed which are giving me the error.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question