Cannot Network between 3 W 10 pc's?

Reaction score
My profile details my home networked pc's. Two on ethernet 1 Wifi. Two distinct problems
1) The Thinkpad requires permissions to open folders and files on the attached WD ext hard drive. After using advanced options for security eg permission forvread and write fir "Everone" folders open but not the next time or a few days later.
2) On each of the 3 W10 cannot see all 3 devices on "Network". Since I live by myself in a condo II do not need security on the local home network and passwords etc.
My wife is at a hospice terminally ill. I do not have the time to research the forums. I spend daytime 5 hours 5 days a week with her. When I get home I have to tend to all my needs.

At 71 I am dog tired emtionally and physically to attend to researching forums for my network problems .For my personal information on the pc's and identity security I do not want a visiting tech.
Are there simple steps to resolve this in an hour? Please assume I can take direction without memvers skipping steps they propose. I am fed up of using thumb drives to move files.
Thank you.

Reaction score
I am fed up of using thumb drives to move files
That used to be called 'sneaker net'.
I can only describe what I have that gets around the issues you see. After I retired in late '94 I was offered a part-time job in a computer store, learned more than I'd ever thought of in my 55 years. My setup has several computers, both Wired and Wireless/Wi-Fi that connect to 2 NAS drives that are connected by Ethernet cable to my Router. They have a Public folder on them and any computer I Map to that folder can have access to any files on them, no access to individual computers is necessary and none have to be constantly running, only the Router and the NAS drives.

Reaction score
My profile details my home networked pc's. Two on ethernet 1 Wifi. Two distinct problems
1) The Thinkpad requires permissions to open folders and files on the attached WD ext hard drive. After using advanced options for security eg permission forvread and write fir "Everone" folders open but not the next time or a few days later.
2) On each of the 3 W10 cannot see all 3 devices on "Network". Since I live by myself in a condo II do not need security on the local home network and passwords etc. Mobdro Kodi bluehost
My wife is at a hospice terminally ill. I do not have the time to research the forums. I spend daytime 5 hours 5 days a week with her. When I get home I have to tend to all my needs.

At 71 I am dog tired emtionally and physically to attend to researching forums for my network problems .For my personal information on the pc's and identity security I do not want a visiting tech.
Are there simple steps to resolve this in an hour? Please assume I can take direction without memvers skipping steps they propose. I am fed up of using thumb drives to move files.
Thank you.
thank you my issue has been solved

Ask a Question