Network properties issue

Reaction score
today i update some drivers through iobit driver booster pro. a very handy program indeed..lots of drivers dating back to 2015! but i found 2 things that i got rid of many months ago..where can i find these and dump them..they are disconnected. they must have escaped the uninstall scans from wisecare 365 pro program, wise care forced uninstall, iobit uninstall. if its nothing to worry about then good, unless they are taking up memory

xtra stuff.PNG

Reaction score
what the... you mean i should dump the iobit driver program? i already updated realtek family controller, battery and sound. . hopefully nothing bad will happen.

Reaction score
but as it stands windows never alerted me of those drivers that they needed to be updated. i will have to do some searching about this ...for now, ill keep it. and make a decision to remove or keep after my findings..the issue is ongoing and not labeled as resolved yet.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
but as it stands windows never alerted me of those drivers that they needed to be updated.
Windows will never tell you, that's how it works.

i will have to do some searching about this ...for now, ill keep it.
That's your prerogative.....keep and use it at your own peril.

Just keep in mind that when your systems goes haywire with BSOD's and other types of corruption.....you'll know why. You've been advised in the matter.

As for your issue: what exactly is it? Your title states networking property issues....but you thread topic is about drivers.

Reaction score
You will often see "Optional upgrades" available in Windows update (not shown in the pic below), you click on that and choose what you want should there be anything you need. It is important to cross check the driver file number against what you have installed though!. :)

1607417334377.png

Reaction score
sorry bassfisher -a mistake on my part. if needs be move to the appropiate section. your reply is an ominous one... but iam at that point in time of thinking about dumping windows and going for linux. dont know if its a wise move or not what you and others think..

Reaction score
Hi GRD1,

Linux has certainly got better over the years and has major improvements under its belt, but!........

specific software won't work on it even using the likes of WINE, certain hardware won't work without becoming root and copying and pasting files into the "firmware folder" (my USB TV stick is a good example). In terms of stability, Linux has improved but still can cause headaches, it is not the be-all and end-all drop-in replacement for Windows or MAC but a good alternative if you don't mind the learning curve!. :)

Reaction score
but as it stands windows never alerted me of those drivers that they needed to be updated. i will have to do some searching about this ...for now, ill keep it. and make a decision to remove or keep after my findings..the issue is ongoing and not labeled as resolved yet.
The drivers are updated automatically, when Microsoft have received them from the manufacturers and checked for full compatibility. Even so, there are often quirks. The popup which has been mentioned, is optional and has a statement suggesting you only use the driver offered if you are having problems. Normally, as they say in the same item, any updates will eventually come in the normal way - Leave well alone!

Reaction score
Unless you are having a specific problem there is no reason to update drivers just the reason of updating is my take on drivers. If you are having a problem then it is something to consider .

Ask a Question