New laptop without OS

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My sister just got a new Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 6 laptop but she did not notice she was buying it without an OS.
I tried to make a bootable installation pendrive from my Mac but the installation fails when I have to choose the partition where the OS has to be installed.
The error is something like this (translated from spanish in Google):
"Windows Setup encountered an unexpected error. Check if the installation sources are accessible, and then restart the installation. Error code: 0xc0000005"

Any ideas why this is happening?

Cheers!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
You need to use the Windows Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB stick containing the latest Windows installation files. I'm not at all certain that the tool will run on a MAC....
I searched for it but it always takes me to Boot Camp Assist and that goes beyond my computer knowledge. I created bootable pendrive following these instructions:

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally installed the Parallels Desktop trial and created the bootable installation pendrive from there. I do not know what changed but it worked perfectly.
THANK YOU very much for your help guys

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
The MCT process reformats a USB Thumb/pen drive as FAT32 which is bootable on the newer UEFI machines and starts the process in creating necessary partitions on the internal drive then installs Windows.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question