SOLVED Small Laptops

Reaction score
How do these small laptops cope on Win10 or 11 with updates, surely with such a low memory and storage
it wouldn't..would it?.

Attachments

• Screenshot (292).png
    Screenshot (292).png
    350.6 KB · Views: 39

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Should get you by alright if you're on a budget.

Just for web browsing, email and the occasional document or two.

Unfortunately, with only 64 gigs of storage, you'd want to be very careful about what you attempted to store locally and seriously consider the 5 gigs of free one drive space you get for keeping your sundry data.
It says 64 gigs but you can bet the OS is going to take a chunk out of that and in order to perform updates you'll need available space on internal storage, so...
You'd have to be careful and maintain sufficient free space on that drive.

The old "You get what you pay for" axiom comes to mind.
While it's not terrible... It's never going to be a rocket ship, so you can forget about playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human on it.

Reaction score
I can see most of them are S-mode, meaning you have to use Edge and bing (spit), but I hear that you'll be able to
use any browser soon?. I just need something safe to shop online with and it does offer Windows Defender. But you can save pictures to USB?. Thanks for the reply trouble.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep, but....
S-mode is not really a problem and is easy enough to escape from

Something I will generally, routinely do when I find myself working on one that's still in S-mode.

Reaction score
It sems like a modern version of those older small laptops with the 32GB storage. Works for a bit but everyone seems to have a problem with windows update after a while.

I wouldn't buy one. But I do appreciate they are cheap...I was just looking at Dell's after Xmas sale on laptops yesterday on their site. They have some good deals but even the cheapest was at least twice the price if the HP you show.

I am of the opinion that an off-lease Lenovo Thinkpad or Ideapad may be the best deal possible in a laptop. I have the Lenovo version 10 years old now and a friend has the Thinkpad 450T version now 6-7 years old and they both still run perfectly. on W10. Hers on Pro, mine on Home. Both were after a 3 year lease.

Reaction score
I have heard from someone else about the update problems to Tim, I'd shy away from the Lenovo if I was you, I have
a Lenovo Ideapad 350 and it's awfully slow.

Ask a Question