New look Office 365 - how to turn it off?

Reaction score
I've got Office 365 on two machines, both linked to the same account (this is a legal copy). On both of them, MS introduced a new look a couple of weeks ago (white background, curved scroll bars etc.). Which I hate.

On one machine there was a tiny megaphone icon at the top right which, if you clicked, allwoed you to revert back to the old look an feel. Great. But nothing on the other machine. Does anyone know how I can go back to the 'classic' look and feel?

Any advice welcomed

Alan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
both linked to the same account
Are you signed into your account on both machines?
Are both machines Windows 10?

It may be a theme causing the issue. By default, it adopts the system theme that you have applied on the host machine.

As far as the missing megaphone icon... I did notice, that it wasn't available on my Windows 11 machine until after I manually updated my office installation, then it magically appeared.

You could try resetting the ribbon or just a single tab. I have no idea if that will prove helpful

Lot of speculation out there, that the "new look and feel" will soon become permanent and the ability to turn it on and off will be only available for some random intermittent periods.

Reaction score
I'm signed in to the same account.
I haven't set up any themes
I'll try resetting it, but I'm not hopeful.

thanks for the thoughts

Alan

Reaction score
I did an update and it's gone back to the old style.

Thanks for the ideas.

Ask a Question