New to Win10...

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a retired aerospace engineer. I use to be a computer network engineer in the early 80's, late 90's and early 2000's. I'm coming from Win8.1 which I really liked. Eager to learn Win10 but finding it somewhat tricky. I'm glad this forum is in existence for helping people like me. Kindest regards to everyone.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Windows 8 was great piece of equipment which to be honest I miss it. Windows 10 at first had some teething problems but just as you know what's what they have now started change things round. Most is for security which that gets a tick. But other areas it seems I have got to start over again in certain areas. Will it be for the best we shall see.

Reaction score
BentGrass Welcome! Patience is all you need with Win10, we have all been on a learning curve.
When you figure something out wait 5 minutes and MS will change or move it. LOL

Reaction score
Welcome BentGrass, don't let all us Grinches sway you to the dark side of disliking Windows 10. It is really not that bad of an operating system, to spite all of our complaints.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Win 10 , I my first version of Windows was 3.1 compared to that Win 10 is leaps a head . With Win10 comes One note . I created a note book with a page entry named " The quirks of Win 10" which is large. When I find out how to do things I create a note. I other words Win 10 will keep you busy which doing this you will be create your own manual. Every one on the forum will help you do not be shy to ask a question .

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Win 10 , I my first version of Windows was 3.1 compared to that Win 10 is leaps a head . With Win10 comes One note . I created a note book with a page entry named " The quirks of Win 10" which is large. When I find out how to do things I create a note. I other words Win 10 will keep you busy which doing this you will be create your own manual. Every one on the forum will help you do not be shy to ask a question .
Nice to meet you. I have used One Note myself and find it indispensable. I look forward to some of your answers in the future.

Ask a Question