New Update. 3211320..Battery icon removed from Taskbar.

Reaction score
I noticed my Battery icon was missing and replaced it (Settings-Personalization-Taskbar). I then looked at the update listing and saw I had gotten one today I had not even notices updating.

Microsoft is getting really sneaky.

Last edited:
Reaction score
its just a little one and only a security update for Edge (MS17-001) KB3211320, no restart required...
looks like they forgot that one in the last Cumulative Update for the Version 1607 but its included in the 1511...
2017-01-24_232051.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I suppose I have to wonder, if the update was for Edge or Adobe, why did it remove my battery icon on the Taskbar?

I did the "Learn More" link and it took me to "Page not available".. Of course, if Microsoft was doing something to stop all the "No Boot Device" messages, they would not admit it.

Reaction score
It downloaded and installed with a blink of the eye. The knowledge base is still unavailable. MS seems to be hush hush on what it is exactly. Some reviews say it's for Edge, some say a security update?

Reaction score
Last night my Wireless icon was removed. I put it back of course, but not sure why settings concerning the Action Center are being changed.

I suppose I need to review all the settings on the system.

Reaction score
Weird things are going on. On my machines none of the Icons ever disappeared so I cannot recreate it....

Reaction score
After this update i have lost action centre clock / date and start menu all the icons are there but don't work.
Is there any way of removing the update as it cant be removed from the list of installed updates. :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reasonably quick update - no problems noticed.
Same for me, but.....
There must be something going on with this update, and.....
It is evidently something called a "Servicing Stack Update" and as a consequence is not an "update" that can be uninstalled.

Checking around the web shows a lot of people having a wide range of issues
Various programs crashing
User interface problems
Multi-monitor issues
And the good old reliable internet connection problem.

Nothing even remotely suggesting a possible cure.
I've seen remarks that suggest a possible association with third party security suites, nVidia drivers and even one mention of Hyper-V features.

I have nVidia drivers installed although probably not the latest and I use Hyper-V all the time.
The only thing I don't have is a third party security suite (except for Malwarebytes Premium).

Looks like it may be another one of those combinations of installed software and hardware, which leaves everyone scratching their heads and pointing fingers at the other guy

Reaction score
Me too (Nvidia and Hyper-V)
I only give Defender a free range, and run Malwarebytes immediately before I make my weekend image.
So If anything Goes Wrong - Goes Wrong-Goes Wrong, <I can go back one stage.

fingers.png

Reaction score
Same for me, but.....
There must be something going on with this update, and.....
It is evidently something called a "Servicing Stack Update" and as a consequence is not an "update" that can be uninstalled.

Checking around the web shows a lot of people having a wide range of issues
Various programs crashing
User interface problems
Multi-monitor issues
And the good old reliable internet connection problem.

Nothing even remotely suggesting a possible cure.
I've seen remarks that suggest a possible association with third party security suites, nVidia drivers and even one mention of Hyper-V features.

I have nVidia drivers installed although probably not the latest and I use Hyper-V all the time.
The only thing I don't have is a third party security suite (except for Malwarebytes Premium).

Looks like it may be another one of those combinations of installed software and hardware, which leaves everyone scratching their heads and pointing fingers at the other guy
Well i am reinstalling W 10 once again through no fault of mine.
i find it ridiculous that an update cant be removed if its causing problems.
After googling there are many having similar problems and MS has no answer
I am beginning to think i should be installing W 7. o_O

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well i am reinstalling W 10 once again through no fault of mine.
Reminds me of Windows 95. Seems I was re-installing that OS every month or two.
My installation media for which consisted of a huge amount of 1.44 MB diskettes which some people called floppies, which I never understood as they were in hard plastic shells.

I don't know what's going on with these updates but I certainly hope Microsoft gets a handle on them soon or there'll likely be more people considering another OS option.

Reaction score
Reminds me of Windows 95. Seems I was re-installing that OS every month or two.
My installation media for which consisted of a huge amount of 1.44 MB diskettes which some people called floppies, which I never understood as they were in hard plastic shells.

I don't know what's going on with these updates but I certainly hope Microsoft gets a handle on them soon or there'll likely be more people considering another OS option.

They were called floppies cause the first diskettes were actually 8" magnetic foil in a plastic foil as casing. One could bend those like a u-turn. At the times of the Commodore computer they were reduced to 5.25" but still were "floppy". Only the last 'Edition' was in a hard case. those were the 3.5" disks... Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_floppy_disk

I agree with those updates. The weird thing is at first it was called an update for Edge, now its called a "servicing stack update"?? Those are usually only run so future Updates will install easy....

Looks like at MS the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing ! ! !

Reaction score
"Looks like at MS the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing ! ! !"

Not seems -fact
But have you got the right part of the body.

Ask a Question