News & Interests - coming to a PC near you soon

Reaction score
I downloaded the CU preview yesterday & there’s a new ‘kid’ in town - the News & Interests entry in the taskbar. It’s easily seen as it’s a yellow/orange crescent moon.
This shows News, Weather, travel & Entertainment amongst other things. It can be removed from the taskbar/Notification area by right clicking on the taskbar & unticking the news & interests entry.

Reaction score
Also it is another tool for MS to track what we do I would imagine?. :(

Reaction score
It’s also broke.
I tried setting my interests & it still shows the default set, when I went back to check my settings, they’d were deselected. The only thing I liked was the weather.
I wonder if MS are about to remove the weather app in favour of this.

Reaction score
So do I although for me it’s that the live tile shows the current weather.
As they’re removing the live tiles feature I assume the weather app would no longer show the current weather on the tile. The new icon would show this hence why I’m suspecting that to happen.

Reaction score
I agree with all the comments. I suspect by the end of June we will not have it in the Start. I don't like the new maps as much as the old, either, and not as easy to use..

Ask a Question