Hardly News

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I posted this in the "News" sub-forum even though it is pretty widely known.
Just as a reminder, as I ponder the possible impact across the web on multiple sites.

Actually, mostly because the headline caught my eye. Looked like something between a movie title and class A hyperbole

Reaction score
Downside will be missing data on some Web pages that still use it, at least until those pages are rewritten to remove it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Downside will be missing data on some Web pages that still use it, at least until those pages are rewritten to remove it.
That's what I was thinking. That there are probably still a lot of sites heavily saturated with Flash content.
Wondering if they'll all be graduating to HTML5

Reaction score
I am wondering what effect it will have on Smart TV's that use it, my TV hasn't had an update in two years so it might be the end of YouTube and Netflix on my current TV???. :( Assuming my TV does indeed use Flash Player for their content?????. :eek:

Reaction score
I am wondering what effect it will have on Smart TV's that use it, my TV hasn't had an update in two years so it might be the end of YouTube and Netflix on my current TV???. :( Assuming my TV does indeed use Flash Player for their content?????. :eek:
Netflix has never used flash, only Silverlight for legacy browsers and Youtube has been HTML5 for almost a decade. Very unlikely that any smart tv uses flash since Adobe never made for those platforms.

Basically Adobe finally killing flash will have no effect on your smart tv.

That's what I was thinking. That there are probably still a lot of sites heavily saturated with Flash content.
Wondering if they'll all be graduating to HTML5
I haven't seen video any website that requires Adobe Flash. I say this because I have it disabled in Pale Moon and all videos play from all websites.
image.png

I haven't seen that "missing plugin" message in years. There may be some websites with lazy admins that still use flash - maybe some old flash games sites. Please share if you do encounter any websites that still require Flash, I'm curious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don’t think its absence will be noticed. The warning about itsxvulnerabilities have been around for a long time. I would guess that most respectable sites and devices gave it up long ago

Reaction score
Well I actually found one page that does require Adobe Flash. Unsurprisingly it is for a legacy flash game (Doom).

Without flash:
image.png

With flash:
image.png

Oddly enough all the other games on that site I clicked on played without Flash (HTML5). Definitely a testament to how obsolete Flash has become on the web. Anybody got any other sites that won't work without Flash?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are likely thousands of small sites for businesses, churches, small organizations, even some small municipalities that are build by non-professionals, containing small animations based on templates that were purchased a few years back, containing Flash content and are not professionally maintained. I remember a product called "Swish", which if I'm not mistaken was an affordable Flash alternative that was pretty popular for a while. I would expect any sites that used those templates will also be impacted.

Reaction score
I won't miss it and it's usually one of the first things that got removed.

The only thing I may need adobe flash player for would be my Flight Simulators.

No worries or concerns because they are installed and run on my never connected to the internet Windows XP Flight Simulator box.

I guess I'll have to check and see if I even have adobe flash player installed on my Flight Simulator box it's been at least a year or more since I've powered it on.

How interests and other things change when you get old. o_O:p:D

Ask a Question