SOLVED No Email association

Reaction score
When I try to send an email I do not have an email program associated with my default email client. When I try to send an email I keep getting the message :
"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel."

I have gone to my Registry Editor and navigate to the Registry Editor and Microsoft Outlook is not listed as an option. The two options are Hotmail and Windows Mail. I have gone to the Microsoft Store and tried to download and install Outlook Mail and Calendar and it says it is installed.

How do I install Microsoft Outlook so I can send emails. I am using an: Windows 10 Version 1830
Device name HP-Envy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-21_18-28-17.png
    upload_2018-11-21_18-28-17.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 327
  • upload_2018-11-21_18-29-31.png
    upload_2018-11-21_18-29-31.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 343
Reaction score
In Control Panel is an icon for Internet Options, same thing as in Internet Explorer, Tools. Check the tab Programs for some settings that can be made. IE11 is still available in Start, W, Windows accessories and can be Pinned to Start and/or Taskbar. Control Panel can be reached by typing in Search, since I use it frequently I have it on the Taskbar with PowerShell on the right-click of Start.

Reaction score
Hi Bighorn, I followed your instructions but once I got to the tab Programs I did not know what settings to make or change, could you give more instructions once I get to this point? Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Microsoft still hasn't fixed this particular issue.
Their native "Mail" applet is not a true full 32 bit application and does not use the MAPI\Send Mail association.
I would suggest that you look into something like ThunderBird
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
AND
Set that as your default email application.

Reaction score
"I have gone to the Microsoft Store and tried to download and install Outlook Mail and Calendar and it says it is installed.
"It is NOT "Outlook" mail that you found, it is the built in Mail program.
Microsoft Outlook is part of an Ms Office suite. Do you have one of those?

But, what program are you using to write your email, before trying to send?
Why not use the Mail program (it's in the start menu) to write and send, if that is practical.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why not use the Mail program (it's in the start menu) to write and send, if that is practical.
Agreed... It's a simple thing to just attach the file within the "Mail" App.
You just can't use the "Send To -> Mail recipient from the file's right click context menu.
That's the only draw-back

Reaction score
Thank you all- I read all the messages and finally came up with a work-around. I opened and saved the document via my Word Program and then went to my Gmail and opened the document as an Attachment and I could then send it to myself to check if it worked, and I could also make corrections or deletions as needed. It isn't exactly the method I wanted, but it works and that is the most important thing. When satisfied I then mailed it to my recipient and they received it and could make adjustments as they needed to.

Ask a Question