NO PRINTING in Win 10 w/CHROME as standard user

Reaction score
Well, when logged in as standard user with Chrome I can NOT print anything. My printer icon shows up in sys tray and I get the print window on left side of screen. If I use IE works fine. So, I switched to my admin account and prints fine. I changed from standard user to admin and it prints! Even when trying to print via wifi same results. Any suggestions? thanks...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does it just hang in the printer queue or does it produce an error?
I just tested on my machine with a local standard (not a member of the local administrator's group) user and had no problem printing from Chrome in Windows 10. So I am not able to duplicate the issue on my machine.

EDIT: Can you print from any other application with the standard user account? Is it only Chrome you are having trouble with?

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. There is nothing in the que. The printer icon shows in sys tray then it just dissappears. It shows 0 in que. It will not print anything. Unless logged in as admin.

Ask a Question