No restart after upgrading

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10:
-it's no more possible for me to restart my pc: it stops during the process.
-programs behave weirdly: adobe is going mad, it's no more possible to close skype when I don't need it, and other minor issues.
Now, I tried to go back to Windows8.1, I tried to reset the pc, BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T BECAUSE THE RESTART OPTION DOESN'T WORK!!!
I'm totally disappointed, I want my old OS back...or at least, could someone help me to solve these problems?
Thanks in advance
010.png

Reaction score
Open CMD in elevated privilege and type "shutdown -r -t 0" without quotes.

Reaction score
tried, but no difference: it says that it is restarting, the dancing circles appear, the Asus logo appears, and then it stops :/ thanks anyway!

Reaction score
Sara Manini,

Since you could run elevated command prompt, do I assume you are logged in and you are on the desktop ?

Assuming that is the case, try this to go back to Win 8.1.......

Start button > left side, click Settings > select Update and Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, you should see an option to Go back to Windows 8.1.
If yes, click the get Started button under it.

Reaction score
thanks for your answer, already tried, but since the pc need to restart to go back to windows 8, I cannot do it :)

Ask a Question