No Taskbar settings

Reaction score
I messed up my PC and finally got almost everything to work except I cannot get the taskbar settings to show on pop-up.
Please see attached.

Attachments

• task settings.png
    task settings.png
    870.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Do you not get this on the right-click of the Taskbar after rebooting/restarting the computer and Windows?

1693243312837.png

Reaction score
Yes, Bighorn, I do but the attachment is the result of choosing 'Taskbar settings'. Just a blank display that usually shows the list of settings options.
I want to move the taskbar and if I remember correctly this can also be accomplished by drag/drop but I would like to see all the settings.
Thank you so much for your response. Hope we can get this solved.
inphoenix

Reaction score
When seeing issues similar the first thing after rebooting is to open a Command Prompt as Administrator and run
sfc /scannow to check for missing or corrupted Windows files which can affect open windows/panels. If problems are found but can't be corrected then
run DISM as Administrator for further diagnosing.

Reaction score
Uh Oh! Not only is my Task Bar options messed up but the Start does not display Run as Administrator as an option. I have tried to run a restore point but it won't restore successfully. I've had the restore problem way before now. I am attaching a .jpg of the restore error and I will continue to try to find a restore that works. I'll have to go back many months but that's my offense. Wish me luck, please.

inphoenix

PS: The goons are against me. I cannot find the .jpg of the restore error. I'll run another restore (several hours) to get an error attachment to send. If you prefer to give up on me I will surely understand. But I won't give up on myself.:confused:

Reaction score
Press the WinKey plus S to get the Search, type Command Prompt [or portion thereof], click to highlight it and on the right-click of it choose to run as Admin.

Reaction score
Good morning (3:30 a.m.), Bighorn! Lots of us out here who know just enough to get in trouble. I'll bet we keep you busy. Well, I did accomplish getting a key. Hope it's mine. Whenever I return to this thread some of your response avitars turn to Ad and I don't always remember what you posted. I don't remember what to do after getting a key. I'm 83 and getting older by the second. Please advise. Thanks so very much. I'm retired so I am not in a big hurry. I'm sure we keep you quite busy.

Discovered why your responses were displayed as ads. I was not logged in during those sessions. Drats. See how hoonsfargled I am!

Reaction score
Discovered why your responses were displayed as ads. I was not logged in during those sessions. Drats. See how hoonsfargled I am!
I understand. I'm also 83, retired before 55, offered a job a week later in a computer store/shop, been part time and self-employed since. Not doing as much lately but it's a small town.

Reaction score
Don't you just love retirement? I surely do. OK, I have a key. The only 'run as admin' I have on the start menu is, 'Windows PowerShell (Run as Admin).

Reaction score
That's an 'improved' Command Prompt, on Win11 may show as Terminal [coincidence, Linux and Apple use Terminal].

Ask a Question