Not sure what this area of the taskbar is called, but I need help

Reaction score
In the lower-right of the taskbar there are several system (I think) icons and an uparrow (^) to show more.
Can I control which ones show on the taskbar and not on the overflow?
Or better yet, can I pin one to my taskbar?
(The specific one that I want on my taskbar is the "Kitty Launcher", which is the icon directly above the uparrow in my image)

Thanks

Attachments

• taskbar.jpg
    taskbar.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Area with the clock was formerly called the System Tray then became the Notification Area. Usually the Up arrow will show additional icons and point to things that always run. The area between the Start button and that arrow is where one can Pin icons, use a single click versus double-clicking the icons on the Desktop. Right-click of the Taskbar and the Taskbar Settings is where one can make changes to what is shown in the Notification Area.

One thing of note is several things may have 2 names such as that part with the clock and another is that even though the file management name was changed to File Explorer many times one will see Windows Explorer.

Reaction score
Right click desktop, open personalization, select Taskbar on the left, scroll down to Notification area. There you can choose which icons appear on the taskbar.

Ask a Question