No user control with Updates

Reaction score
Have updates that are "Waiting to download" (again because they Failed to install) - NO USER OPTION to start them individually or collectively.
and there is No user option to Stop Windows10 downloading constantly failing updates over and over.
That must be fixed:
How do I stop daily Office XP Service pack 3 download of course after the download it does fail to install?
If such update was ever issued this should be no problem to install even if it was for the XP.
This must be the reason the Windows Upgrade to 1511 crashes the computer after "Installing features & Drivers reaches 100% - and Configuring settings 100%.

Reaction score
There is a link and description on the forum here for wushowhide.diagcab which seems to work hiding updates. I get some useless HP updates on two of my machines that won't install and this thing does successfully get rid of them.

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes - man this worked!!
I was able to hide my Office XP Service pack 3 updates happening daily and failing to install.
New Windows upgrade to 1511 finally came up with the error code with this update - 080096004.
However there is so much misdirection on line I was not able to find a fix.
Unbelievably the supposed fixes for this specific error code was just a promotion for various registry cleaners which try to extort payment to fix thousands of errors they "discovered" after the scan.
Have tried them all in the past.

Ask a Question