No video, only sound on FB and YouTube

RBC

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2. Recently my computer has audio but no video for most (but not all) Facebook and YouTube videos. All I get is a green screen, or often a jumpy/distorted video. I went to Settings and to Control Panel to check for graphic driver updates, but I'm supposedly current. Any suggestions?

RBC

Reaction score
Can anyone assist me? Problem persists - can't view videos on Facebook; all I get is a green screen or a jumpy/distorted picture. I went to Device Manager and uninstalled AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, then restarted the computer. Restarting resulted in re-installing the AMD Radeon R& Graphics, and videos played well for a little while. After the computer went into "sleep" mode and I logged in again, the problem came back. I've replicated this several times. BTW, most videos play okay in YouTube, but not in Facebook.

Reaction score
There might be an issue with the YouTube app if your phone or tablet displays a black screen in place of playing a video or if you can only hear audio and not any video. Clearing the app data or cache can help with this type of issue, but occasionally just resetting the device will do.

Ask a Question