Not Enough Space For An Update

Reaction score
Hello all,

My computer keeps giving me a message that says not enough space for an update. What can I do? If nothing, how can I stop windows 10 from trying to update. It keeps trying several times a day to update then a popup that fills my whole screen keeps telling me several times a day that can't update because not enough space. I want to either update or stop that annoying pop up from filling my screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The first time I got that message on my Tablet led me to add an SDXC card to it [same as used in SmartPhones]. The Tablet has built-in 32GB storage and the card I added is 64GB, once Win10 knew about the added card I haven't had the problem.

Reaction score
The first time I got that message on my Tablet led me to add an SDXC card to it [same as used in SmartPhones]. The Tablet has built-in 32GB storage and the card I added is 64GB, once Win10 knew about the added card I haven't had the problem.

Mine says I have eMMC 32GB and 2GB DDR3 L Memory.

Reaction score
Mine says I have eMMC 32GB and 2GB DDR3 L Memory.
Same low-space with mine until adding the 64GB card. Usually the Tablet and 2-in-1 machines don't have easily replaceable drives. Some have an SDHC slot but most will have the SDXC slot.

Reaction score
Papermoon With 32GB of storage, for aesthetics, I would follow @Bighorn suggestion.
Another option would be a USB Thumb drive for adding more storage space, you could double your current storage for around $20.

Reaction score
I have a table with 64GB eMMC storage. Your 32GB will always have this issue.

The Windows Partition is not large enough for recovery (Windows.old folder). Recent updates require as much free space as the used space. Moving all your personal files to a uSD card might work. Uninstall any programs (not apps) you don't use.

Do whatever you can to reduce the used portion of the C-Drive (C-partition).

Reaction score
I have a table with 64GB eMMC storage. Your 32GB will always have this issue.

The Windows Partition is not large enough for recovery (Windows.old folder). Recent updates require as much free space as the used space. Moving all your personal files to a uSD card might work. Uninstall any programs (not apps) you don't use.

Do whatever you can to reduce the used portion of the C-Drive (C-partition).

Okay thanks! :)

Ask a Question