Nothing prints from Gmail but no trouble from any other applications

Reaction score
Need help. Just yesterday Gmail quit allowing me to print. It no longer recognizes my printer or any other printer on the network from the Microsoft Edge that Gmail is opened in. I have no problem printing in other programs or other apps ( word, firefox, Microsoft office etc. )

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello matt and welcome to the forum.
Can we assume that since you are using gmail, that you are also using Google's "Chrome" browser?

In an attempt to duplicate your problem I tested printing an email from Gmail, in Chrome and did not experience any problem.
This was on a system with the latest, fully updated version of Windows 10, using the latest version of Google's "Chrome" browser.

It seemed to pick up my default printer as expected and the "Change" button allowed for a selection of alternate available printers.
Maybe you have a "Chrome" browser extension, plugin / add-in, or whatever Chrome calls them that is causing an issue

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Hello matt and welcome to the forum.
Can we assume that since you are using gmail, that you are also using Google's "Chrome" browser?

In an attempt to duplicate your problem I tested printing an email from Gmail, in Chrome and did not experience any problem.
This was on a system with the latest, fully updated version of Windows 10, using the latest version of Google's "Chrome" browser.

It seemed to pick up my default printer as expected and the "Change" button allowed for a selection of alternate available printers.
Maybe you have a "Chrome" browser extension, plugin / add-in, or whatever Chrome calls them that is causing an issue

View attachment 5801

View attachment 5803

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry matt. Can't help you, as I am not an "Edge" user.
All I can say is that......
IF, it was me and I were interacting with a Google product such as Gmail, I would install Google "Chrome" as a browser alternative and would consider using that as my default browser.

I'm certain that there are machinations to perform to coax "Edge" into doing, what it should do automatically out of the box, but.....
Personally, I can't be bothered. There are too many alternate browser options available which don't require that I perform any mystical rituals to get them to work as expected.

Hopefully, someone will come along with a suggestion or two (or twenty).

Reaction score
Matt I'm not an Edge user, but have you tried deleting the browser cache and cookies.
I would take trouble's advice and install Chrome I think you will find it much better than Edge and has more to offer.

Reaction score
Matt I just opened up my Gmail in Edge (I don't use Edge but tried it to help you) and once I selected an email to read I did have a little printer icon to the top right of the email. I was able to print my selected email. Maybe try clearing the browser's cache like others have suggested. Wish I could help further. But at least you know it's not a feature removed from Gmail. I use the latest Opera browser and love it.

Ask a Question