November cumulative update is here KB4048955

Reaction score
I noticed after the install that my NAS would not connect. Went to the other machine and it worked, that machine had the update as well.

The other machine had a mapped drive to the NAS , mine did not and could not map.

I searched around and read that the NAS uses SMB1 which is now deprecated. Searched some more and found an update for the NAS which enabled SMB2. Did that. Still no joy.
Went to bed.... woke up, ingested large cup of coffee and went back to it. Automagically the update had turned OFF the SMB1 client feature. I guess if it is not in use why not. Enabled that rebooted and all is well.

Bif

Reaction score
I just updated my $5 DELL garage sale laptop to latest offering, took 25 minutes and went smoother than downing a glass of 25 y/o single malt...
This laptop never ceases to amaze me..
Now to that glass...;)

Reaction score
I just updated my old dell laptop last week, went from the original Win 10 version to clean install of 1709.19 no problems whatsoever. Runs like a charm.

Reaction score
If any of you ever bother to have a look in the services, I see several more entries there than before. Most, to me, mystery items

Ask a Question