Something Odd is happening after november's update

Reaction score
Hello guys, i am new here so i will try to be on point as possible. :)

After the big update of this month (November 2015) my computer is acting strange.

When i try to play any game, my FPS is fine, but after a couple of minutes the fps drop half and because of this my gameplay goes literally to hell :(

here in this post i have a SS for the task manager, note that the CPU usage on the task manager is different of the one shown of a software i have to monitoring the pc ( if you guys are not understanding sorry my windows is Brazilian Portuguese) and other thing that is getting my attention is the process call System and compressed memory, is getting a lot of RAM (but apparently this is normal now with this update for a briefly research i did).

cpu.jpg

Bottom of line is, someone is having similar problems to mine, or maybe a fix to this issue? is Microsoft is aware of this ?

Thanks for your help ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
other thing that is getting my attention is the process call System and compressed memory, is getting a lot of RAM
Second question that I've seen recently regarding this new feature.
What you are seeing is the new functionality built into the Windows 10 Memory Management enhancements.
What it basically is, is a new page file held in RAM rather than being written to disc.
The size is dynamic so it will be different on different systems as determined by the amount of physical RAM available and the current work load of the system.

If you're really interested in understanding more about this new feature there is a pretty good explanation here
https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Seth-Juarez/Memory-Compression-in-Windows-10-RTM
Good stuff..... IMO.

Reaction score
well maybe is not the memory compression but definitely something weird is happening here, i was playing just fine before this update :/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i was playing just fine before this update
Then perform a system restore to a point in time before the update to test your theory.
I had to do one just the other day on my spare machine. the updates broke a couple windows apps. Went back to a previous restore point and everything worked fine.
Then reinstalled the updates and everything still worked fine.... go figure :)

Reaction score
ok i did the system restore and the games run fine, but now here is the thing, we cannot disable windows update on windows 10 , so... it will download again ¬_¬

Reaction score
Did you check your video drivers? On my Nvidia machine, windows "updated" my video drivers for me. And not any that were available on Nvidia's website.

Reaction score
Urgent! My "system and compressed memory" is running over 500MB consistently. And my memory is over 80% consistently. I am a novice. What can I do to clean this up?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How much physical memory do you have installed in the system?
How many Start Up items do you have running?
Check the Start Up tab in Task Manager.

Ask a Question