What Computer to buy! Something I can expand as I go with and financible!

Reaction score
My old Dell Aroura R3 started smoking when I was trying to in-install the new driver from AMD, and it shut down. I have not be able to fire it up since and bought a new Alienware R6, but was so sick when I got it, I am returning it to them! It weighs about 10lbs less than the R# and I told them they should have called it R1.5 because it is 1/2 the computer I had. The latch on the side door is hard to get back on, the PLDS CD/DVD R/RW/Dual sided floppy is as thin and flimsy as the drive in my Wife's laptop! and only one bay!
It was supposed to fit the Intel SSDs I have, but the wiring is all wrong. My Intel 335 Series has two rows of pins that lay flat against the SSDs sides and to wire that go to it are one longer than the other, I didn't count the pins, but just plug into it. That is unless Intel has changed their configuration of their wiring. In that case the Intel SSD would use a square plugin with 4 pins to it.
Intel used to have a login place for members, but it's not there any longer. I can't get to one of their Tech people to find out, but I had pictures ready to go and they say they can't find my email address or user name. I have always had this email address-many years! Intel have gotten to big to mess with us and thrown away our login information! I would love to find out if they are still making them as having the two set of pins laying FLAT to the side of the SSD one with a short row of pins and one longer, as they show in pics on their site. Mine is just like the one shown for the Home Consumer, but they don't show the pins and set up of their others, though I believe them to be the same also unless they changed the wiring for Commercial Servers and such. I think Dell lead me on or else they couldn't under understand me any better than I could understand them. All are not first language English speaking. We shouldn't even trade with them. No wonder no one has a job! What is a good, sturdy, powerful, long lasting computer with GOOD support to buy. I don't want to here about a company you bought from years ago unless you know their support and have a new one and can give me the weight and Model Number. I spent almost $2,000.00 for a computer I can handle with one hand and I am disabled badly! The old computer was so heavy, I could barely pick it up! Tell me a Good Brand to buy in a Top Notch Computer with the Intel I7-7700 or the New 9 Series Processor with 32 Gig of memory(expandable) and a good solid Floppy drive or CD drive, that is thick and heavy and has an electric button to close the lid and is expandable in every way, memory and HHD/SSD drives to at least three. Someone who will give you time-like one year to pay with no interest if paid by that time! Tell me THE COMPUTER TO BUY! Tell me your personal experience with them over the years. I wondered why EBay was full of Alienware used Computers for sale, like new they say! I should have known from that they had gone downhill. The trouble with going downhill is the snowball effect-OUT OF BUSINESS! Dell may have some computers still made solidly and just what I want, if they only had someone I could understand and could understand me! If they have an expandable or upgradable computer that is sturdy with good components, let me know the model number. If not PLEASE tell me another brand! This computer is leaving here in the morning and I will only have my Wife's Laptop! I bought it for her-a HP and I hate it. I can't use the mouse pad or the touch screen-they are too sensitive for my clumsy hands. I use a hand-held wireless mouse with it, so I can stay in touch with you. I will probably have to wait until Christmas Sales to start now that July is past!
Many Thanks for Your Valuable Information,
Harmie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I build my own, so I can't really help. I can tell you Dell desktops have been sub par for quite a long time imo.

Ask a Question